Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:36 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
When I got my factory ordered LS (after a 4 month wait!!!), it did not have one of the options I ordered: laminated side glass. I noticed it was not on the invoice and the dealer was puzzled. The vague information the dealer got from Ford was that there was some production difficulty and could not do that option. Nice of Ford NOT to tell anyone. Although it was the least important option to me, what if had been a dealbreaker for me not having that option? Anyone know what those "production difficulties" are?

I'm also stumped as to where all 9 speakers of my audiophile system are located. I find 5 speaker grill areas, including what looks like a subwoofer, but not the other 4. Could each speaker area have 2 speakers next to each other? Calling Ford headquarters didn't help: they didn't have a clue, even transferring me to their marketing department. Dealer's not sure either. What's the big mystery????? It should have been in the owner's manual.

Well, after having the car a week now, this is one sweet ride! I'm very pleased with it. So to Consumer Reports who think we should all get Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys instead, go blow! I'll take this sweet American cruiser over those rice burners anyday, gas prices be damned!
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 PM

well you got me curious so I looked it up online. the Mercury website say it has 8 speakers and one sub woofer. I have a 2005 MGM and really haven't checked to see how may speakers it has but I would think for 9 speakers you would either have two speakers in the front three in the rear and one in each door or just have them combined together with the sub woofer being separate. I like the look of the instrument panel on the 2008 models. Did you get the sunroof option? Enjoy the car

Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 PM

Only the front doors have speaker grills; the rear doors do not. So I find 2 speaker grills for the front doors, and 2 behind the rear seat.

The moonroof is one of the only options I did not get. I didn't want it. I like the all digital instrument panel this car used to have. Wish mine had that. Wonder why they eliminated it? At least there's a digital speed display that I look at instead of the analog dial.

One thing that really puzzles me is why is there no steering wheel lock? I've NEVER had a car where the steering wheel doesn't lock.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 PM

they discontinued the steering wheel lock starting in 06 I think...or maybe 05 with the new styled wheel.

Wish mine had a moonroof/sunroof. I miss that part on mine...lolEdited by: 20marquis07

Old 03-25-2008, 04:24 PM

I've never had legroom like this car has. Guess the car buying world doesn't want this kind of legroom anymore, since as far as I know only the Grand Marquis and Town Car have column shifters with no center console. Used to be that all the American car makers made big cars with this configuration. Not even Cadillac has a car like this. What, old people all of a sudden no longer want column shifters?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:50 PM

idk about old ppl but a lot of younger ppl like thenostalga of the column shift. but there were until the last couple years the console shift on the marquis in the LSE model like the Crown Vic Sport...those were always my fav for appearance LOL